Enterprise IT Security & Regulatory Compliance
ManageEngine Log Management suite helps IT Managers/CIOs of enterprises across industry verticals to secure IT resources and adhere to regulatory compliances. The suite monitors the security threat, posed both inside and outside the network. In both the cases, it ensures that the network fulfills the regulatory compliance requirements.
- Tracking suspicious behavior of internal privileged users
- Meeting regulatory compliance requirements
- Enhancing day to day IT operations
- Monitoring security threats faced at the network perimeter
- Managing enterprise bandwidth usage
- Facilitates fine tuning of policies of network security devices
Enterprise IT Security and Regulatory Compliance
When it comes to IT security, IT Managers/CIOs cannot afford to be reactive. They have to be proactive and put necessary checks and balances in place.
They need to continuously detect and analyze security incidents to ensure high state of preparedness in countering the security attack and in the case of performance incidents, to ensure more efficient network, better repair processes, fewer outages and a more timely resumption of operation.
IT managers and security administrators have a serious responsibility towards regulatory compliance, to ensure that defensive mechanisms are in place to protect confidential corporate and client data. Moreover, non-compliance to these regulatory standards could lead to stiff penalties including multi-million dollar fines and even imprisonment of those personnel responsible for security of data. All these risks make regulatory compliance a top priority for IT managers in any enterprise.
Enterprises are in need of automated solutions, as they should continuously monitor the security of data files, server access, and applications. The more it is in real-time it is better. The CIO or IT Manager of an enterprise look out for a comprehensive solution covering threat detection within the internal network, external threat at the network perimeter, comprehensive regulatory compliance support and overall bandwidth usage statistics.
Challenges in Securing Enterprise IT Network and Keeping it Compliance Audit Ready
- Information leak due to misuse of data by privileged internal users
- Intranet policy violation - unauthorized users trying to access applications, servers, and data
- Facilitating law enforcing authorities in forensic analysis of data
- Need to trouble shoot network problems
- Monitoring viruses attempting to enter your network
- Watching out for attacks, like Trojans, aimed at the network resources
- Detecting various intrusion attempts in to your network
- Ensuring proper business use of internet bandwidth
- Non-compliance to statutory regulations
- Losing business due to unsafe corporate and client data
- Attracting stiff penalties from statutory agencies
Solution Offered - ManageEngine Log Management Suite
ManageEngine Log Management Suite offers exhaustive solution for monitoring internal and external security threats and comprehensive solution for meeting regulatory compliance standards.
The suite offers two distinct security, performance, and compliance solutions: One to solve the internal challenges and the other for external challenges.
Solution for Internal Challenges
- Closely monitoring internal privileged user behavior and alerting on any suspicious activity. This will prevent information leak by insider
- General internal user monitoring for attempting to access unauthorized applications, servers, and data. This will ensure strict policy enforcement and protection of confidential data
- Monitoring and reporting business activities leading to gathering of business intelligence
- Archiving events and providing in-depth advanced search of events will meet the forensic analysis requirements of law enforcing authorities
- Exhaustive reporting with drill down capability to the raw event level will ensure improved network performance, uptime, and service-level management and historical reporting will help you to judge capability utilization
Solution for External Challenges
- Continuous monitoring of attempted security breaches at the network security device level will minimize the reaction time to mitigate the security threats
- Monitoring the individual employee bandwidth usage will enable you optimize the bandwidth usage for productive business purposes and blocking specific web sites, visited by employees, which drain out internet bandwidth
- Historical reporting will help you in capacity planning of future bandwidth requirement
- Real-time reporting will help you react quickly to the extraordinary/excessive bandwidth consumption situation
- Monitoring policies of security devices will help you in fine tuning the devices for its optimum performance in securing your network
- The internal network solution comes along with a comprehensive Compliance Solution
The solution provides comprehensive reports and real-time alerts for Regulatory Compliance and archives the logs for audit requirements. The solution generates automatic, periodical, pre-built reports for some of the important regulatory standards. They are:
The pre-built reports are customizable.
The solution provides facility to create reports for any new compliance requirements that may emerge in future.
- The external network solution provides a set of Admin reports meeting the minimal requirements of Compliance Solution
The suite provides automatic, periodical generation and delivery of canned reports to the enterprise management to get a snapshot of network activities.
Other Compliance Solutions from ManageEngine
Apart from Log Management suite, ManageEngine also offers a reliable, robust and affordable set of automated solutions with insightful reports that help you meet all your above compliance objectives.